In the News
- Unexpected Teleconnections in Noctilucent Clouds
- 04.16.14 – New data from NASA's AIM spacecraft have revealed “teleconnections” in Earth's atmosphere that stretch all the way from the North Pole to the South Pole and back again, linking weather and climate more closely than simple geography would suggest.
- The Search for Seeds of Black Holes
- 03.26.14 – How does one grow supermassive black holes? A new study using data from NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) has turned up what might be the cosmic seeds from which a black hole will sprout.
- NASA Hosts Media Teleconference About Supernovas
- 02.13.14 – NASA will host a news teleconference at 10 a.m. PST (1 p.m. EST) Wednesday, Feb. 19, to announce new observations from its high-energy X-ray mission, the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR).
- Where the Wild Stars Are
- 01.29.14 – A new view of the Trifid nebula from NASA's WISE mission shows a cloud being ripped to shreds by stellar radiation and winds.